[mythtv] Quick Jack fix for 0.23

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Apr 3 23:38:25 UTC 2010

On 04/04/2010 00:22, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 4 April 2010 03:11, Ed W<lists at wildgooses.com>  wrote:
>
>> Grateful if someone could slip this in before the 0.23 release since it's
>> otherwise a show stopper for myself and the other jack user...
>>
> That patch is wrong ...
>
>          if (err = ERR_SUCCESS)
>
> That will always resolve as TRUE if ERR_SUCCESS is non-null; so will
> always call JACK_Close(audioid);
> just like what the code does now...
> If not, you never close the Jack port
>
> I'm sure you intended to write err == ERR_SUCCESS
> but I'm puzzled why your patch works for you

Good catch - thanks!

Actually I'm debugging a whole heap of other junk that is cropping up
apparently due to thread timing, etc and that bio2jack layer.  I've kind
of got bored with that and it's my intention to remove the bio2jack code
and implement a direct output to jack.  It's going to depend if I get
some time tomorrow/monday to finish this. It's been on my Todo list for
about 5 years now...

Thanks

Ed W