[mythtv] mythtv commit: r21860 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Sep 15 13:13:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 23:21 -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:47:00PM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> >       Author: danielk
> >         Date: 2009-09-14 22:46:59 +0000 (Mon, 14 Sep 2009)
> > New Revision: 21860
> >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21860
> >
> > Create a branch for the 0.22 release...
>
> Why was this branch created already?  Surely there are more bugs to be
> fixed or, at the very least, translation updates to be made before
> 0.22 is released.  Even if no changes are expected, is there really any
> post-0.22 changes that are so pressing they can't wait a week or two
> for trunk to settle?

It's been over three weeks since the feature freeze so few bug fixes are
expected outside of the few things left outside the freeze. The question
if everyone was ready for the branch was first asked in IRC last week
and by yesterday the no one was left there with anything but one or
two small want-to-fixes. I made the leap that the same general state
would apply to the devs not present since only a couple devs needed
more time last week, and if not applying a patch to both branches isn't
that painful. I've been telling a number devs to hold off on certain
commits until the branching, and that still applies if you have
something truly big so that patching both branches in the next week
or two until release won't be overly burdensome for bug fixers.

-- Daniel