[mythtv] Update to 21755 produced unexpected LiveTV channel changing behaviour and OSD missing...

Stephen Backway stev391 at exemail.com.au
Sun Sep 13 01:53:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

I thought I would post this here just in case anyone else has this
problem and needs the solution.

When I updated to 21755 (or newer) my channel changing would only
respond to the initial number and not wait for any further numbers.
E.g. if I wanted to go to channel '99' it would go to channel '9'.

This was caused by my chosen OSD theme being moved out of themes to old
themes and _my_ install script not installing the old themes.  Mythtv
then did not select another OSD theme it just left it blank. (It did
however select another normal theme...)

Perhaps the OSD theme when not found should default to something better
then blank?  Or show a message box to the user that this is a problem?

Regards,
Stephen.