[mythtv] RFC: Better handling of time changes for a Single Recording

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:36:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Matthias Dahl
<ml_mythtv-devel at mortal-soul.de> wrote:
> All I wanted to say is, we should _always_ favor a partial or even partially
> corrupted recording over simply losing it totally. And naturally, we should
> try hard to record what the user scheduled and not bother him/her until really
> necessary like the show was replaced by something different on the EPG and we
> have no way of knowing what to do next.

This makes no sense to me. I'm about a month behind on my tv already,
and there's typically reruns a few hours later (4 hours offset or so)
or later the week/weekend. By the time I'd notice something is
corrupt, it's out of frequent play mode and onto a few weeks/months
until I can re-catch it.

So giving me a partial recording is way worse then just missing it imho