[mythtv] Tagging recordings....

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:18:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Gary D Walborn<gwalborn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suppose that this has been mentioned before, but MythTV should tag
> files with enough info to import the file into the system (and the
> database).  I'm not sure if the nuppelvideo format support tags.  I'm
> quite sure that all the mpeg formats do.  I suppose a separate file with
> tags would be better than nothing, but that should be an option.  I ran
> MythTV for a couple of years and recently upgraded the system, skipping
> several versions.  I backed up my database but have been unable to get
> hundreds of recordings in the new version.  If I try to import just the
> recording info (not the entire database), I get a message that columns
> are missing.  If I import the whole database, the new version does not
> seem to be able to upgrade the database to the new version (I get
> repeated upgrade messages even though I select "Upgrade" from the
> dialog.  It MUST be easier to import pre-existing files into MythTV.
> This is very frustrating.

You should pose your question to the -users list.  This isn't a
coding/development issue.  If you're having trouble importing
reocrdings, upgrading databases, etc., the -users list or IRC channel
is a great place to start.  Be sure to post relevant logs or
information that will help people to troubleshoot.

Kevin