[mythtv] [RFC] Proposal: Not to version translations' qm files

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Nov 2 03:20:58 UTC 2009

> As far as I know there is no reason for them to
> match. At runtime (if found) the qm files are used,
> regardless of what the .ts files might have.

Sure, but when translations are rolled into .ts,
it brings the .qm data closer to the strings that
are used in that revision's .cpp strings.

If they don't match, the exact strings being looked
up by the frontend might not be in the file.

Having the same versions of everything minimises this
(assuming that the last dev. to change .ts did lupdate)

But, overall;

1) falling back to English for some strings isn't a huge deal
(esp. for English-only speakers like mí :-)

2) for slow internet connections, having to install
lupdate and generate *.qm might almost be faster
than downloading the *.qm from SVN?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Gentlemen!              |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | You can't fight in here-|