[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r20083 by cpinkham

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Mar 2 07:16:49 UTC 2009

    > Date: Mon,  2 Mar 2009 04:13:42 +0000 (UTC)
    > From: mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org

    >       Author: cpinkham
    >         Date: 2009-03-02 04:13:41 +0000 (Mon, 02 Mar 2009)
    > New Revision: 20083
    >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/20083

    > Modified:

    >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/util.cpp
    >    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/util.h

    > Log:

    > Add IsMACAddress(QString MAC) and WakeOnLAN(QString MAC) utility functions.
    > These are used by the patch I'm running to allow automatic wakeup and shutdown
    > of slave backends.

Chris, when you first said you were working on this, I mentioned that
some (buggy) motherboard/distro combinations won't wake unless the
packets were sent to the broadcast address (not just their to their
MAC) -and- unless they were sent octet-for-otect reversed.  I just
looked through your changesets and didn't see the latter; did you
decide to punt, or did you forget?  (Sending to both the forward &
reversed MACs has negligible chance of waking two hosts instead of
one, especially considering that the first 24 bits are a vendor code,
and could probably decrease the number of "I used the right MAC but my
slave won't wake up" sorts of queries to the list, etc.)

Tnx.