[mythtv] 0.22 scheduling

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jan 30 16:58:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 01:39:33AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> The biggest task from my POV, other than stabilizing everything, is indeed
> just finishing off the remaining UI screens.  Not everything will be converted
> over before 0.22, but more does need to be (the guidegrid and recording
> options screens are what's notably missing from the main frontend).  I'm
> assuming the settings screens will not be converted for 0.22, for instance.
>
> I'd like to have a ffmpeg sync done before 0.22 as well, but that may be
> complicated.  No harm done if it's not in.
>
> I would like to be able to release something in the next few months, but who
> knows.  More people that help out, even if it's just reporting bugs in a
> useful manner, the sooner it'll be.  It'll take longer if people with the
> necessary skills to help just say it's too unstable and go back to 0.21. <hint
> hint>  :)

Hint taken.  If we can nail down the remaining features needed to get to
0.22 and agree to stick to that, I'm on board!  That was my ulterior motive
all along. :)

So we've got the following:

  Remaining UI screens, which ones?

  Possible ffmpeg resync.

What else?

  John Poet has some HD-PVR patches that haven't been committed yet.
  They've certainly helped stablize my HD-PVR recording.  I'd like to
  give them a thorough review and get them committed.

Any more?

David
--
David Engel