[mythtv] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:25:51 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/28 Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com>:
>   Excellent work.  Any plans to create patches to backport HD-PVR support
> too? :-)
>
>   Bonus points if you (or anybody) can do it without requiring any database
> changes (and there by screwing up the migration to 0.22). :-)

If my understanding is right, this patch is already available...
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5443

It also applies properly on fixes with my VDPAU patches...
Note: when applying the HD-PVR patches, there is an error:
patching file libs/libmythtv/dtvrecorder.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 14.

However, you can safely ignore it, line 14 is simply a reformatting of
a line I had removed. The VDPAU code in mythtv trunk uses some C99
standard ; so I had to change the compilation option to support C C99
by doing so it broke some external definition like you see line 14 in
dtvrecorder.cpp...

The ubuntu package I've created is first of all for my own use. I do
not have an HD-PVR so I never bothered looking for features or fixing
problems, which I didn't know existed in the first place.

Jean-Yves