[mythtv] MePo Theme for recent trunk

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 21 02:46:26 UTC 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/1/21 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
>> Unless you're contributing code, this sort of question belongs on
>> the -user
>> list.
>
> You do like to police things around don't you?

I like to help keep the devs working on the stuff they're working on
and not answering questions that users can answer.

> People talk about trunk in the user list, you send them here, and
> vice-versa..

> take a pick...

I've never told anyone to post on the -dev list. I've told them to
*search* the dev and commit lists for answers when running trunk.

> Is there an official way to get your blessing for anyone to run
> trunk ?

> people like myself do test and report bugs you know, without always
> contributing code...

Yes. If you are a developer, please run trunk. If you want brand new
features, know stuff will be broken, want to help out by writing good
detailed bug reports on things that are not already known to be
broken, please run trunk.

I think it's great that you want to help out. I didn't say you
shouldn't be running trunk.

>> And since MePo isn't an officially supported theme, the theme
>> developer is
>> probably the person to ask. Since there isn't a newer one posted,
>> I'd have
>> to guess no. Probably waiting until the UI is done before porting
>> the theme
>> over if he plans to keep maintaining it.
>
> And if you read its site, the author said he can be contacted on the
> mythtv-dev list...
> "If you wish to get in touch with me, you can find me on the
> MythTV-devel Mailing List"
>
> Which is why I write there...
> Jean-Yves

If he says so, then ask here. I didn't read his whole website before
posting my response, just the download page. I can be wrong, you
know. :)

-Brad