[mythtv] mythrename.pl enhancement requests

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Tue Jan 20 09:34:08 UTC 2009

Re: mythrename.pl enhancement requests  [In reply to]
On 01/19/2009 07:54 PM, Paul wrote:
 > I've hacked the mythrename.pl script but in case other people want
 > these features:
 >
 > 1. remove "Untitled" subtitles (where it doesn't exist)

I'm guessing--based on your saying you hacked mythrename.pl--that you
did this by replacing 'Untitled' (possibly with some dashes) from the
name given to mythrename.pl by the bindings. If you really want this
functionality in "upstream," I'd recommend modifying the bindings to
allow specifying whether or not to add the "default"
title/subtitle/description (see bindings/perl/MythTV/Program.pm ), then
modifying the mythrename.pl script to allow passing the appropriate
subroutine argument to the bindings if given the appropriate
command-line argument.

 > 2. disabled database update (just create link only)
 >
 > eg add arguments --remove-untitled and --nodb-update

In the event that you pass in --link, the DB isn't updates since the
filenames aren't changed. What exactly does your code do with
--nodb-update?

Mike