[mythtv] MythTV Windows Port

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Tue Jan 20 08:05:57 UTC 2009

On 20-1-2009 5:10, buzz wrote:
> Alec,
> There is no such thing as "latest stable build" at this time. .... my
> automated-build server is still a "work in progress" ( works sometimes,
> but not this week). Win32 development is currently a stop-start process
> at-best, and has not been progressing long-enough to get it reliably
> building all of the time... especially since the Linux programmers
> frequently break the win32 builds ( not deliberately, just through
> platform differences).

I am (still) looking at runtime problems in between revision 19398 and
19412 as every binary you start fails to run with a application error
pop-up with the following text:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Clock on OK
to terminate the application.

> If you want to assist the development process, you are highly encouraged
> to try downloading the win23 build script which will get the Win32
> development environment installed ( and it will get you nearly all the
> way through building Mythtv on Win32) .. and then try to squash any
> issues you find, and make the build script run end-to-end again.

I also think we need to start reporting things in trac so we know what
we do and what we fix and how we fix it. I have taken a start already
with all fixed I needed to compile up to revision 19247, which all work
until 19398 if I remember correctly.

Kind regards,

Jonathan