[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19661 by stuartm

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Jan 13 00:44:52 UTC 2009

>> Reverts [19660]. I don't think this is the correct fix,

We could do it better by storing an array of popups,
and only creating a new one if the message text is
different, but I reckon that can be added if we ever
have the need of it.

I can't see that need yet?

>> discarding confirmation dialogs is going to lead to tears as
>> important errors, prompts and the like just disappear as though
>> they never existed.

These popups are mainly used for information purposes
(well, at least they were before you added Cancel :-).

I suspect any scenario that needs context from previous
messages for the user to make a decision is probably
broken from a UI interaction point of view?

If the user really needs the messages from multiple popups,
we should do it differently.
(e.g. adding to a log string, and presenting popups
       with ever growing content, or scrolling text,
       or a scrollable list)

> It not MythWelcome creating the dialogs its something in MythContext I
> think.

True.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| I've been talking to |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | the ship's computer. |