[mythtv] <webbrowser> widget for general use

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:32:15 UTC 2009

Hi List and Paul,

I took a run at generalizing the mythuiwebbrowser widget for general
use in themes, but didn't have much success.  I'd like to be able to
pass the widget a <url> parameter and thus use it on any themed
page/menu.  Think Apple's "webclips."  This would allow some neat
customizations like sports scores, mythweb status, etc., and
ultimately when QT 4.5 is released/becomes a requirement, fancier
things like embedded players from various sites.  If I am missing
something and the capability already exists, can you detail how?  I
followed the example in mythuiwebbrowser.cpp but that one seems to
rely heavily on being passed all the QUrl stuff by the plugin/program
itself.  How complicated would it be to also be able to parse the URL
from the theme XML?  I did spend some time working on it but I'm just
not familiar enough with this part to have gotten very far.

Thanks,

Robert