[mythtv] scheduling, starttime accuracy

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Thu Feb 12 22:21:28 UTC 2009

> how about being able (via the UI) to slide a cutlist relative to
> the program
> one you got one lined up - then all the rest should be also

Possible, but still error-prone if the cutlist data doesn't
match in other ways (e.g. one person includes "coming next"
trailers, the other wants to see lottery result crossovers).

To make "sliding" reliable, you really need PiP displays of
all the cutpoints so you could fine-time the slide position.
And no way am I going to code that up!

I was thinking of adding a "real-recording-time" clock
somewhere in the editor OSD, and maybe a second offset
time display from the first non-cut frame.
(I have been thinking about OSD improvements for ages)
But for now, just using a more accurate starttime
(from backend log or file ctime) should enable this.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Things  you  own  |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | end up owning you"|