[mythtv] Category vs Genre

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 01:35:45 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/8 Xavier Hervy <xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com>:
> Feature request ?

Doh !

I am suggesting to implement those myself !

> Feature request ?

I know it's not working currently, hence me posted in the development list...
> video already support multiple genres but only one category.

It only does so using the video manager ; neither the perl or python
mythtv binding let you modify the genres.
As such, you can not automate say a rip to properly extract the data from IMDb.
Instead, you must go into the video manager, browse through all your
installed video and find the one to update..

> Feature requests are generally not welcome, which might explain the lack of
> answer

With the kind of non-constructive answers like yours ... I'm even
surprised people wants to be involved in the development of mythtv ...

This project is getting more and more frustrating by the day ...

Jean-Yves