[mythtv] Questions on #6138 (HDHomeRun multirec)

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 3 22:35:53 UTC 2009

Bill,

I have a couple of questions on your ticket providing multirec patches
for the HDHomeRun. I also use -fixes.

* I'm not 100% clear on which patches to apply. You mention three in
  the initial ticket but a fourth shows up later. I presume we are to
  use the latest versions of 132, 133, 134, and 135?
* You mention a risk to the database. I know that's a theoretical risk
  with any patch and I'm not afraid of potentially destroying my
  database, as I'd do a backup just before trying your patches out,
  and have an automated-backup system. Even if the patch is 100% fine,
  though, I would not want to alter the database in a way that would
  prevent an upgrade to 0.22, though. Is that something I should be
  aware of? I didn't see anything in the code about protocol changes,
  so I don't think so, but would like to make sure.

--
Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | San Francisco CA US