[mythtv] Crashes compiling trunk?

cal cal at graggrag.com
Mon Sep 29 07:17:05 UTC 2008

Bill Stewart wrote:
> As it turns out I am running Hardy 8.04 with qt 4.3.4 and gcc 4.2.3.  It
> does crash consistently on the same file everytime.  The machine just
> hangs, no seg fault or the like.
You're not entirely alone ... somewhere over the last couple of days I've been through a similar experience - different file to you, but always the same file. In desperation I booted from the emergency disk, fsck'ed all the filesystems, then did apt-get --reinstall install <all the compiler packages>. Thankfully, the problem disappeared, but I've no idea where it came from.

cheers, Cal
(a debian testing system, not Ubuntu).