[mythtv] Windows Status?

Jay Modi jaymode at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:28:24 UTC 2008

> The GDB commands file method should already be implemented and has
> worked for me in the past.
>
> There are two seperate files called mythbackend.cmd en mythfrontend.cmd
> in the bin folder that should launch backend and frontend, respectively,
> with a GDB backtrace.
>
> Have you tried them already?

I just tried it and I was able to get it to work. I had to add
C:\MSys\1.0\bin to the path variable. The odd thing is that when I run it in
gdb and try to watch a video, it always crashes. However, if I run the
frontend without gdb I can watch previously recorded shows. Ever experience
that? I am attaching the backtrace but it looks like it is a windows issue
maybe?

I am going to sync my backend and the windows frontend to the same revision
and follow Nigel's suggestions on how to debug the LiveTV problems and the
FilterManager.