[mythtv] Mythvideo Status please [Stuart]

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 11:55:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008 00:28:26 Bill Stewart wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> Could you please provide a status of the mythvideo branch?  It is
> functional or are there still problems to work out?

Mythvideo branch is mostly functional. I've a list of about 5 things I need to
do before I'd be happy enough to merge it back to trunk, there will probably
be things that need fixing even after that, but nothing that impairs general
usability (hopefully).

I hope to get stuck into the remaining issues sometime in the next 3/4 days,
I'm just having trouble getting motivated following my holiday.

> I am anxious as everyone to see what it can do especially with the concept
> screenshots you have given us, but the reason for asking is that I would
> like to work on some new code for mythvideo and would prefer to work from
> the latest and greatest.  If the branch still needs some work, then I'll
> wait for a bit

It all depends what you are wanting to do. Browsing, selection, playback,
metadata searches and most other stuff is working. Parental level checks are
broken, currently all views default to directory browsing instead of flat
mode, the tree widget is buggy and there are some minor issues such not
resuming original positions following a rebuild of the tree.

Theme and default layouts need polishing, I'm experimenting with alternate
defaults which don't just copy the original mythvideo but do something to
make better use of mythui.
--
Stuart Morgan