[mythtv] Widescreen composite out?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Sun Sep 7 17:06:01 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I recently converted an AppleTV into a mythfrontend, it's working very well.
Unfortunately the people I made it for cling to their old wide-screen
CRT television, so the video input is composite.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to set the proper ratio for
the resolution.

MythTV currently letterboxes 16:9 material even further and 4:3 material
is stretched out.

I have tried the "Different mode for GUI & Video" option, but then
MythTV would only play in a portion of the screen. (So a big chunk of
the desktop would be visible.)
I wonder if that's a flaw of XFCE, because the "Screen Setup" thing also
did not work.

I've added a resolution to the xorg.conf file which I thought was
wide-screen, but as always the resolution changer, or nvidia-settings,
ignore these.

--

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*