[mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Matt Hakim thepigs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:18:28 UTC 2008

> Thank you for this detailed answer.  I'll go through it in the next day
> or so and comment.

I agree about the channel change time -- about 5 sec. Then again, I
find the whole UI quite slow in 0.21 fixes. I can see the widgets
redraw themselves.
Your options are: 1. fix it. 2. write your own linux based PVR that's
optimised for watching live TV. 3. Buy a PVR.
There's no point asking the same question over and over again...