[mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:42:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 12:55 -0600, Robert Johnston wrote:

> It's not only Myth settings, it's also hardware, software, networking,
> and probably more.
>
> The way I understand it, changing channel in a "Live TV" session does
> the following:

<snip>

Thank you for this detailed answer.  I'll go through it in the next day
or so and comment.

The first thing I question is that the hardware part of the channel
change takes 45% of the change time.  The CW3000 receiver runs DVR and
uses the off the shelf DVB Genpix receiver modules.  It changes channels
in less than a second.