[mythtv] Fwd: [mythtv-users] Myth autoexpiring brand new shows

michael bishop clever at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Oct 17 04:01:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 14:49 -0700, Jonathan Larson wrote:
> [...]

Setting 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0 will make local and remote storage
'equal' in weight when they start, so only the 'IO load' will affect
where recordings will go, which can still lead to it prefering a drive
with 40mb free(when the others are busy with minor jobs).

The current code will only sort by size when it has a tie for lowest 'IO
load' (based on the weighting).

Another thing that needs to be taken into account is the autoexpire
priority, if there are 2 drives, one with 5gig of 'Deleted' recordings,
and another with 5gig of recordings on normal AutoExpire, mythtv wont
realy make the 'right' choice every time.