[mythtv] FFmpeg sync

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sun Oct 12 03:14:12 UTC 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 22:57:40 Paul Kendall wrote:
> On Sunday 12 October 2008 02:30:22 Janne Grunau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've updated the ffmpeg sync patch since all major regressions I
> > know of should be fixed. There is still at least one H.264 decoder
> > segfault which I can't reproduce and is not a regression.
> >
> > I intend to apply following patch monday or tuesday evening CEST.
> >
> > http://www.grunau.be/mythtv_ffmpeg_sync_15261_18670.diff.bz2
> >
> > the patch has to applied with "patch -p1" to a complete trunk
> > checkout since it needs modify some plugins too.
>
> Thats awesome Janne.
> Does this mean that you are syncing myth to revision 15261 of ffmpeg?

since 15262 changes the libavcodec API and there are a couple of things
mythtv isn't compatible with. I have for most of patcheswhich will be
applied later.

> Because like I mentioned before, the ffmpeg team have fixed the
> interlacing segfault from their ticket #427 in revision 15418!

that one and a couple of other fixes are included in the patch.

> Anyway, once you have synced, I will modify the LATM ticket I created
> earlier and attach a full patch with all the code to get LATM/AAC
> working in myth.

There was some chat in ffmpeg's irc channel about LATM/AAC, I think
someone is going to implement the bitstream filter.

Janne