[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Jay Modi jaymode at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:24:14 UTC 2008

> That is why I asked about what the need for  4.3 over 4.2 was. You are
> assuming increased functionality. As stated "[the] main reason for
> choosing 4.3 are the difficulties of bumping a required version later.",
> not new functionality. If there is no new functionality because of using
> 4.3 over 4.2, then all there is additional work for many others.

Alot of work has been put into the Win32 version for MinGW/Msys. After
reading this, I decided to look at the 4.3.0 changelog:
http://trolltech.com/developer/notes/changes/changes-4.3.0/

- [121629] Added support for the MinGW/MSYS platform.

One change that is very important is the support for this MinGW/Msys
platform so that the windows port can continue.