[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] MythUI Port

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 00:25:33 UTC 2008

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2008 20:26:18 Erik Hovland wrote:
>
> There hasn't been much discussion on the subject of 0.22. I don't think I'm
> alone in wanting 0.22 to have a shorter cycle than 0.21.
>
> I'm personally just focusing on MythUI in terms of major features for 0.22 and
> hope that once it's complete we might be able to consider a release. How long
> that takes I cannot say with any accuracy. I'm hoping that 0.22 will be no
> more than six months away but that might be too optimistic.

Predictable releases are a very good thing, and timed properly can let the
adoption across major distros work out well.  When the distros have an idea of
"when" to expect the new version, they can plan accordingly.

For the 0.21 release, I'd like to thank all the devs for sticking to the plan
here and getting the final build out the door in time for Hardy.  It will make
Hardy's MythTV build a very solid release.  If a plan can be put into place for
new releases every 6 months, it would really make our life easier at least
giving that we have a new Ubuntu release every 6 months :)

--
Mario Limonciello
mario.mailing at gmail.com