[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] MythUI Port

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Mar 16 21:35:22 UTC 2008

On Sunday 16 March 2008 20:26:18 Erik Hovland wrote:
> I have been thinking about something similar to this since Janne's
> announcement.
>
> I know that the next release will be ready when it is ready. But what do
> the principle developers foresee the next cycle will be like? For
> example, will there be one or several 0.21.x releases before 0.22 comes
> out? Or will the MythUI and Qt4 changes be the only big changes and a
> 0.22 release will come at a quicker pace?

There hasn't been much discussion on the subject of 0.22. I don't think I'm
alone in wanting 0.22 to have a shorter cycle than 0.21.

I'm personally just focusing on MythUI in terms of major features for 0.22 and
hope that once it's complete we might be able to consider a release. How long
that takes I cannot say with any accuracy. I'm hoping that 0.22 will be no
more than six months away but that might be too optimistic.
--
Stuart Morgan