[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r17875 by nigel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 29 05:59:38 UTC 2008

On 07/21/2008 12:08 AM, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: nigel
>         Date: 2008-07-21 04:08:58 +0000 (Mon, 21 Jul 2008)
> New Revision: 17875
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/17875
>
> Added:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/schemawizard.cpp
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/schemawizard.h

Regarding the comment:

 * \todo Clarify whether the minDBMS stuff is just for upgrading,
 *       or if it is a runtime requirement too. If the latter,
 *       then this possibly should be called even if the schema match,
 *       to ensure the user is informed of the MySQL upgrade requirement.

The MINIMUM_DBMS_VERSION* is a runtime requirement, so we do need to do
the DBMS version check even if we're not upgrading the DB.  Currently,
the return in the conditional "if (DBup->versionsBehind == 0)" in
UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema() is preventing us from reaching the line
DBup->PromptForUpgrade() , so even though the return in
SchemaUpgradeWizard::PromptForUpgrade() is disabled with "#if
minDBMS_is_only_for_schema_upgrades" , we're not checking the DBMS
version unless we upgrade the DB.

Since simply removing the return in UpgradeTVDatabaseSchema(), would
cause us to backup the DB even if we're not upgrading (and each time any
frontend or backend on the network is started), we'll probably have to
rearrange things a bit.  I didn't do a patch because I thought you may
be able to work it into your overall plan for the schemawizard more
easily than I could by guessing.

BTW, you can test the DBMSVersion using the DBMSVersionOverride
setting.  For example, "-O DBMSVersionOverride=5.0.14" would trigger a
version failure after the patch in #5284 is applied, or "-O
DBMSVersionOverride=4.0.26" would trigger a failure without the patch
(if we were actually checking DBMS version, of course :).

Mike

* The asterisk here was actually a wildcard to match the current
MINIMUM_DBMS_VERSION and the _MAJOR, _MINOR, and _POINT defines to be
added by #5284 , but since it kind of looked like a footnote marker, I'm
adding a footnote.