[mythtv] mysql 5 bug affecting mythtv

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 29 21:11:48 UTC 2008

Keith Pyle wrote:
> This is just a FYI to the developers since I noted the posting that
> mysql 4 support in mythtv would be ending.
>
> We had been running a extremely stable combination of mysql 4.1.22 and
> mythtv-0.20.2_p14282. After seeing the notice about myth's plans to
> discontinue mysql 4 support, we decided to upgrade mysql to prepare for
> future mythtv versions.  With mysql 5.0.44 and the same mythtv version,
> we have 1-3 mysqld segfaults per week.  A bug was filed with mysql on
> 12/27 (#33524, http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=33524) and we have
> provided debugging data, but it remains in the "open" state with no
> apparent activity since 12/29.

I've had issues with mysql segving since 5.0.27 (not actually 5.0.27
tho). I submitted bugs upstream and got a fairly cold response of "it
works in my dev version" which is all well and good but there was a
serious crasher when using custom UDF aggregate functions. It was fixed
in the 5.0.4* versions but I'd recommend trying the 5.0.5* range as that
may very well just fix your bug.

Col