[mythtv] Mytharchivehelper and streaminfo problems

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Sun Jan 27 10:27:24 UTC 2008

Some recorded files cause problems in MythArchive because video
resolution is detected as 0x0. Timings/lengths might also be wrong.

I did a simple script to create streaminfo files for all the recordings
that I currently have. These are all DVB-T recordings, some have several
audio, some several dvb subtitle tracks and some have data tracks.

Out of 388 recordings there are 59 (15%) that produce 0x0 video
resolution when analyzed with mytharchivehelper (with method 2). I've
attached 2 example outputs.

Rebuilding seektable doesn't help and these recordings can be watched
just fine. Quickly looking at mytharchivehelper it seems that stream
info comes from "av_find_stream_info(inputFC)".

Is this just ffmpeg problem or can something be done in
mytharchivehelper? It would probably be good to have some more checks in
mythburn.py for these kind of problematic resolutions and timing values.
--
   Otto