[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15604 by cpinkham

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Sun Jan 27 20:36:54 UTC 2008

mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: cpinkham
>         Date: 2008-01-26 08:20:15 +0000 (Sat, 26 Jan 2008)
> New Revision: 15604
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15604
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/sr_items.h
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/storagegroup.cpp
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/storagegroup.h
>
> Log:
>
> Add a helper method StorageGroup::getRecordingsGroups() to return a list of
> Storage Groups that can be used for new recordings.  Currently this lists
> all SG names, but in the future, certain special case group names will be
> masked out.  The scheduled recording editor now uses this helper method.
>
> The 'DB Backups' and 'Thumbnails' mentioned in the commented out SQL lines
> are just an example.  The actual names are TBD (probably by whoever submits
> the patches).

Would it make sense to add a storage group type field now.
I can think of a few types already.

1. Default (the current ones)
2. Thumbs
3. DB Backups
4. Offline Content
5. Local Copy

I evisage #4 being used for things like where some content is archived
off to a removable medium (DVD, ext HDD etc) while still keeping the
metadata in the DB. We can then build frontend support around this.

#5 Could be used for things like local copies of content, which would
then allow things like a portable frontend to be designed and built.
This would be for things like the long car/train journeys where you have
everything you need to run without a backend being present.

Stuart