[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 25 02:21:20 UTC 2008

On 01/24/2008 08:21 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> I'm working on the setup screen where people will edit mythvideo
> storage groups. It seems that config classes are supposed to read
> everything in their load() method, keep a local account of any changes
> made and then write them out when their save() method is called after
> the last screen of the wizard completes. I guess it's so people can
> use the cancel button to rescue themselves from mistakes.
>
> The storage groups editor isn't written that way. It commits each
> change as it happens and the save() methods are empty. It's a small
> difference when you're a lone screen in mythtv-setup but won't do for
> the above scenario.
>
> I know how to fix it. I'm mainly posting to make sure it's OK and I'm
> not going to gore someone's ox and so on.

Just thought I'd mention I'm about 1/2 way done with the thumbnails
storage group change.  It sounds like your changes will supersede mine
(i.e. I just added the new "special" group in mine), so I'll just modify
my patch to use your code once yours goes in (as there was basically no
code involved in storagegroup.cpp).  I really just wanted to let you
know not to worry about doing the patch for thumbnails, since I had
invited you to do it for me.

Mike