[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Jan 25 01:21:02 UTC 2008

On 11-Jan-08, at 12:33 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

>> PS: Chris is the guy that wrote, committed and maintains the storage
>> group code IIRC.
>
> That's the main reason I've been replying to this thread. :)

I'm working on the setup screen where people will edit mythvideo
storage groups. It seems that config classes are supposed to read
everything in their load() method, keep a local account of any
changes made and then write them out when their save() method is
called after the last screen of the wizard completes. I guess it's so
people can use the cancel button to rescue themselves from mistakes.

The storage groups editor isn't written that way. It commits each
change as it happens and the save() methods are empty. It's a small
difference when you're a lone screen in mythtv-setup but won't do for
the above scenario.

I know how to fix it. I'm mainly posting to make sure it's OK and I'm
not going to gore someone's ox and so on.

- George