[mythtv] MinGW: target.path for shared libraries

Andrei Tanas andrei at tanas.ca
Wed Jan 23 23:16:03 UTC 2008

> Sorry to sound argumentative, but installing
> a lib in the bin dir is a bit strange
> (I'm trying to tidy the .pro files).

That's a question to MinGW developers, I think. Other MinGW dll's are
treated the same way.

> Other alternatives:
>
> 1) Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH like Unix.
> Do MinGW .exe search in that?

MinGW .exe are native Win32 PE files, Win32 searches for .dll's in %PATH%,
so it should be possible, but I don't really see any benefit. In the end, I
want to be able to create a binary install package with only minor MinGW
remnants in it.

> 2) For user convenience on Mac OS X,
> we use a bundling script which puts them
> in an appropriate place after a make install.

Exactly. Putting them in "bin" is for debugging convenience only.