[mythtv] MinGW: target.path for shared libraries

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 23 23:10:42 UTC 2008

> Nigel,
>
> This line:
>       target.path = $${PREFIX}/bin
>
> Is required for all shared libraries in MinGW. The .dll's need to
> be placed
> in "bin" directory, otherwise the executables can't find them.

Ah. I didn't realise that was why you did it.
I thought it was related to forcing lib*bootstrap.a

Sorry to sound argumentative, but installing
a lib in the bin dir is a bit strange
(I'm trying to tidy the .pro files).

Other alternatives:

1) Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH like Unix.
Do MinGW .exe search in that?

2) For user convenience on Mac OS X,
we use a bundling script which puts them
in an appropriate place after a make install.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|  4  8
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | 15 16