[mythtv] Improve MythTV usability

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Tue Jan 22 17:49:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 12:45 +1100, Roo wrote:
> On 22/01/2008, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The keybindings table contains almost enough information
> > for a context-sensitive, self generated, key help popup:
> >
> > context      action  description           keylist
> > TV Frontend  DELETE  Delete Program              D
> > Music        DELETE  Delete track from playlist  D
>
> You will need something like #4413 as well, because once the key
> bindings are registered the first time the description is never
> updated, even if the key binding behaviour and description is
> modified.
right

> It would also be great to remove old/unused keybindings from the DB,
> but I am unsure how to do that in an automated way. Maybe using the
> schema upgrade to drop the deprecated bindings (if any exist).
>
> This is also useful for mythcontrols.

I would like to change the keybindings from the help page (only the
relevant context obviously) I find it annoying to find out that I forgot
to configure one key, which mean going to mythcontrol and coming back to
the current screen. So I might to integrate it to the help screen.

cheers,
Xavier