[mythtv] Improve MythTV usability

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:45:06 UTC 2008

On 22/01/2008, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
<snip>
> The keybindings table contains almost enough information
> for a context-sensitive, self generated, key help popup:
>
> context      action  description           keylist
> TV Frontend  DELETE  Delete Program              D
> Music        DELETE  Delete track from playlist  D

You will need something like #4413 as well, because once the key
bindings are registered the first time the description is never
updated, even if the key binding behaviour and description is
modified.

It would also be great to remove old/unused keybindings from the DB,
but I am unsure how to do that in an automated way. Maybe using the
schema upgrade to drop the deprecated bindings (if any exist).

This is also useful for mythcontrols.

Cheers,

Roo.