[mythtv] Web streaming video player module

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:38:33 UTC 2008

Good afternoon folks.

  I am the director of IT and broadcasting operations at a broadcaster in
Canada. I have proposed to my exec team that we make a module for Mythtv
allowing it to stream movies from our web site directly to Mythtv. They
thought it would be a good idea and I wanted to see if you also thought this
would be a good idea. I figure the more sources of entertainment the better,
and free content is good. I would have my software engineer write the code
but I want to make sure it would be of use to everyone.

For reference I have been using Myth since version.14 and have been totally
hooked since the very first day I started. Now I have two front ends and I
just built my third.

Please let me know what you think.

Brian Boyle.