[mythtv] Status Question: Is current SVN useable?

daniel åkerud daniel.akerud at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 01:14:52 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008 8:40 PM, Eric Bosch <eric.bosch at comcast.net> wrote:

> Reza,
>  I have been running SVN for quite some time now, and has immensely
> improved from the last official release.  Mythweather has been fixed,
> plus other countless fixes/features added.  You should try it.  I too
> have been using for years now.  Occaisionally, there is some bug
> introduced into SVN, but they often are fixed within a few days.  At
> this current time, I am not having any detectable issues, as of svn
> version 0.21_pre15470.

Although I only use LiveTV, watch recorded shows and mythweb, in my
experience SVN is *even more* stable. I actually had some nagging
reproducible bugs that disappeared when I upgraded from 0.20 (Ubuntu
packages) to SVN (Mythbuntu weakly packages). And instead you get awesome
deinterlacer ( Bob2x < YADIF =) ), and other goodies.

/D