[mythtv] Status Question: Is current SVN useable?

James Hood ebenblues at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 21:00:38 UTC 2008

> In this case Reza, someone who to my knowledge has never made a
 material
> contribution to mythtv, came to the list announcing his intention to
 ditch
> mythtv - that's nothing more than trolling. We really don't care if he
 uses
> another product (really!), what upset us is that he didn't leave
 quietly. He
> decided to come to our development list and make his 'threat', he
 imagines
> that we value his loyalty so much that we'll all work even harder
 (without
> pay) to keep him.

I think you're making a lot of assumptions about Reza's motives in writing that email. Anyway...although I agree Reza's tone was not great, I think a better way to respond (rather than getting defensive and shunning him), is to refer him to the 0.21 release notes wiki page and the wishlist page so he can see the kinds of features that are in the works. It's possible he is just being a troll, but I wouldn't write him off as one from that one email. I've found there's almost always something valuable that can be extracted from user feedback.

0.21 Release Notes:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.21

Feature Wishlist:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist

James

"The humble learn the fastest because they don't waste time on defending a false image."