[mythtv] A disruptive MythContext change is coming

Craig Andrews candrews at integralblue.com
Sun Jan 13 07:40:16 UTC 2008

I spent all day on this, and seeing as how I don't understand the build
process, I did a lot of grep'ing and guess and checking... and I made a
bit of a breakthrough.

It seems that qt has a config file listing the ldflags (amongst many other
settings!) used when qt was built, then uses these settings whenever qmake
is called in the future (as it is during mythtv's build process). The file
location on my system is /usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf (apologies
if this is common knowledge - I just learned this). So I removed
"--as-needed" from the LDFLAGS line in that file, and I'm now able to
build mythtv. Granted, this does not make mythtv build with "--as-needed"
but it does let those of us who has systems built with "--as-needed"
temporarily disable it so we can compile mythtv.

~Craig