[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 08:42:03 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 01:51:43 Kevin Wambsganz wrote:
> From what I see, the plugins tend to use the class MythThemedDialog, while
> the classes in the mythtv/libs directory use the MythDialog. What's the
> difference? Is using the MythDialog the right way to go?

Neither of these is mythui, I'll put up some examples of mythui based
screens/plugins but I'm busy at the moment so it might not be for a week or
two. There are no proper examples of mythui in trunk yet.

If you decide not to wait and use libmyth (the old UI drawing code) then use
myththemeddialog.

> Should I just use the same classes as what's in the mythtv/libs directory?
> And use the MythRemoteLineEdit, QHBoxLayout, MythPushButton, QLabel, and
> DialogBox? What classes are obsolete and should not be used?

All of these classes are deprecated. The new stuff is in libmythui. It doesn't
yet include the widgets you need but I'm working on it.

The old stuff is in libs/libmyth/uitypes.cpp and libs/libmyth/xmlparse.cpp.

> I want to do MythRecipe, the right way, and use MyhtUI.

Thank you.

--
Stuart Morgan