[mythtv] mythmusic: no scrollbars

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 22:34:37 UTC 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008 22:11:19 Meik Piepmeyer wrote:
> I wonder why some lists in mythmusic do not have a vertical scrollbar.
>
> I just saw two places: While playing music, mythmusic presents the
> current playlist. By pressing "Menu", choose "search". (The second place
> is the first button "intelligent playlists") By default, the list shows
> all tracks of your music collection. But there is no scrollbar. I just
> changed a line of code to enable the scrollbar. It's much easier to
> navigate then. The only disadvantage I see is that the scrollbar is
> pretty small, but this may be solved easily.

Since, like most of mythtv, it was designed to be controlled by a remote and
not by mouse you are probably the first person to report the lack of a
scrollbar. As we are increasingly seeing people wanting to use touchscreens,
maybe the scrollbar should be displayed though many areas of mythtv do not
work with a mouse so it's a drop in the ocean.

Mythui should solve this and when mythmusic is eventually ported over things
will improve.
--
Stuart Morgan