[mythtv] EIT broken in SVN ?

David Matthews dm at prolingua.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 22:02:56 UTC 2008

Dave wrote:
> Daniel said:
>> You have it backward:
>>  active scanning happens when the tuner is not recording
>>  passive scanning happens when the tuner is recording
>>
>> The breakage of passive scanning is a known bug that Stuart A is
>> looking at; this is the one you tested with epgsnoop. Active scanning
>> is working for everyone else, so if that is broken for you then there
>> is either a configuration error on your part or an unknown bug which
>> needs to be fixed.

I am running SVN head with dvb_eitscan set to zero for all my cards so I
should only be receiving EIT passively.  Nevertheless after a short
while of watching live TV I receive a full set of programme information.
  I've tested this by emptying both the eit_cache and program tables in
the database.  They quickly fill up again.  This is with the patch I
submitted though that should only be needed to ensure that passive EIT
scanning continues after changing channel.

David