[mythtv] fix for MBAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented

Mircea Marghidanu mirceam at nervus.org
Sat Feb 9 08:15:57 UTC 2008

Steven Ellis wrote:
> On Sat, February 9, 2008 12:39 pm, Mircea Marghidanu wrote:
>
>> Well, they did add code to treat the interlaced cases, not just removed
>> the printf. The HD streams look good now.
>>

> Please don't top post on this list  - See response below
>

>> Steven Ellis wrote:

>>> No. It just reduces the amount of the error messages, at least with the
>>> NZ
>>> test transmissions.
>>>
>>> Steve

> I'm running ffmpeg/ffplay and mplayer off SVN with the MBAFF + spatial
> direct patches on the NZ DTT test transmissions. Whilst the newest release
> has improved video quality I still get a lot of additional blocky
> artefacts in the interlaced streams.
>
> Steve

> http://www.eset.com

I was under the impressions that libmythavcodec has fixed some of the
artifacting (as mark put it ).
Anyways, I haven't replaced the library, I've just added the missing
interlaced stuff and I haven't noticed any blocking. The image is
crystal clear except for the first few frames that are blocky until it
hits the I frame or something.
If you want, I can make a patch and post it here so you'll try it.

P.S. sorry for the top posting... mailer was misconfigured
/Mircea