[mythtv] fix for MBAFF + spatial direct mode is not implemented

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sat Feb 9 04:21:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, February 9, 2008 12:39 pm, Mircea Marghidanu wrote:
> Well, they did add code to treat the interlaced cases, not just removed
> the printf. The HD streams look good now.

Please don't top post on this list  - See response below

> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> On Sat, February 9, 2008 2:45 am, mirceam at nervus.org wrote:
>>> I just merged in h264.c to add the interlacing support, and left
>>> everything as it was.
>> No. It just reduces the amount of the error messages, at least with the
>> NZ
>> test transmissions.
>> Steve

I'm running ffmpeg/ffplay and mplayer off SVN with the MBAFF + spatial
direct patches on the NZ DTT test transmissions. Whilst the newest release
has improved video quality I still get a lot of additional blocky
artefacts in the interlaced streams.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz