[mythtv] question about changeset 11403

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Sun Feb 3 19:05:58 UTC 2008

>  > Since the HDHomeRun can also capture terrestrial ATSC, should it also
>>  have a similar patch. I can do a patch but I'm just asking if I'm
>>  overlooking something.
>
>That code was moved to mpegstreamdata.cpp so I believe it is now used
>for all DTV recorders for ATSC capture.

ok thanks, scratch that then.

I've disabled DecodeDTVCC in libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp and
so far that seems to reduce the frequency of my frontend hang/display
corruption so I'm looking around for why.

Running r15221, I can't go to the current svn yet, I don't want to
svn up my backend.

Just a comment, it seems that CC is always decode even if not
displayed. The CC decode is take about 5-10 percent of my 1GHz
pentium-m for ATSC from of-the-air .  Is there any ramification with
not doing the CC decode unless actually displaying CC info?