[mythtv] Deinterlacing - Blend

Will Tatam will at netmindz.net
Fri Feb 1 12:56:54 UTC 2008

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:
> Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:
>>> when the new channel+1 stations were introduced
>>> in the UK myth started getting very confused and recording both programs
>>> with the only way to prevent this was to set "one per day" which then
>>> caused other scheduling issues. The is a solution, you use the great
>>> series/program id stuff, but this is only in the dev version.
>>  I've been using the +1 stations since they came out and haven't seen
>>  this problem. Reporting it at the time would have helped.
> I see this too.
> It happens when you have a program longer than 1 hour which you've
> scheduled to record on all channels, and exclude duplicates.
> To take a concrete example, lets say a 2 Hr Movie starts at 9pm on
> Channel4 and is repeated on Channel4+1 starting from 10pm.  Myth
> schedules the Movie at 9pm on Channel4.  When it looks at Channel4+1
> at 10pm it sees a movie it is supposed to record but it doesn't see a
> duplicate for some reason (because I guess the showing on Channel4
> hasn't finished yet) so it sets that one to record too.
> Programs that are 1hr or shorter seem to work fine.

It is further compounded if you set the program to start X mins early
and X mins late to cater for any variations on schedule.

As for the complaint that I should have reported it and not just bitch,
please see my message to the users mailing list (as it is both and end
user question and relating to 0.20.2)
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-December/206183.html and
the fact that I basically only got a suggestion assuming i was a muppet
and hadn't already checked that the data myth had available was
sufficient to correctly identify the duplicate

Will Tatam

Unite against human rights abuse in the 'war on terror'

Amnesty International