[mythtv] Recent changes in Trac for many tickets

Allan Stirling dibblah.allan.stirling at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 5 23:06:15 UTC 2008

Firstly, to the real developers involved here:

Many apologies for the noise!

What I've been doing is attempting to first-level triage the
tickets that exist in Trac.

Previously, 90% of the tickets were in the 'new' state,
which helps noone.

So, I'm trying to categorize them as follows:

New: New ticket. Not triaged.
Assigned: 1st level triage done - Provisionally assigned.
Accepted: Developer has accepted the triage done.
Started / ... : Status of the ticket afterwards is up to the
developer.

Now, I'm really not close enough to all of the code involved
to be able to get all of these right first time. So, if I
have made a mistake, PLEASE change the ticket back to new
and it will be looked at again (eventually).

Obviously, this is ongoing work - So far, I've just been
looking at Daniel's tickets - Not that I'm picking on him,
just that his tend to be the most voluminous at the moment.

If the developers can look at their tickets and accept them,
it would be appreciated.

We all know that there isn't enough time in the day -
Accepting a ticket doesn't necessarily mean you'll do it.
You can always change the status later.

If someone sees a ticket that is in New or assigned that
they know they can work on, please feel free to transfer it.
I'm sure noone will mind :)

So, in summary, apologies for the building work, but
hopefully the place will look better afterwards. If I
haven't scared too many of the developers off by then, anyway.

Cheers,

Allan.